Thursday, August 11, 2011

what i learned today...flying lessons

For the last few days I have been blissfully immersed in Flying Lessons, an online class I am taking that is so phenomenally awesome I have become literally obsessed with it. The focus of the course is building your online artsy business and I find myself using every possible free moment to read the posts and all the comments.  I am wondering how much sleep I can give up to follow up on all the ideas that are taking root and still maintain the appearance of a sane person!  I enrolled in the class hoping to find inspiration and new energy for starting yet another business project, and WOW, have I found inspiration and energy. Now the challenge is to make time for the rest of my life!
Interestingly, as an individual who feel intimately connected to nature and the weather, after a summer of brutal heat and drought, I have noticed that as I have begun to open up and move past fears of inadequacy and vulnerability as an artist, cooling showers and summer thunderstorms have moved into the area, providing both relief and energy.  I just love flying!!!!


Stay tuned, my art will magically find its way to this site soon!

5 comments:

LindaKay said...

Hi Amalia! found your blog thru our flying lessons class together. Good luck and good getting to know you. I too am loving this course and am spending hours on it. At least 5 yesterday alone! So much material. Well worth it, don't you think?

Jamie Burch said...

I'm having the best time, too! Way to go on taking such a huge leap by making your blog public. That's huge! Looking forward to when you share your art with the world. So proud of you! :)

suzanna leigh said...

I love what you have to say on your blog. It speaks to my journey as an artist. I am looking forward to seeing some of your art! Also, I couldn't find a way to subscribe. When you design your blog page, there's a palce to put a widget that allows people to subscribe.

suzanna leigh said...

Oh! I see the follow button! It's up on the bar on top! sorry.

Heidi Cogdill said...

I love that you took the leap to make your blog public. I can't wait to follow you on your journey. Flying Lessons has been such an inspiration and I love that you've been so courageous.